10 Best Christmas Candles

All the delicious scents of the holiday season...what would I do without them? They make me happy, bring back the best memories, and create a distinct mood that only that time of year can. BUT, with a good candle, you can either have that happy feeling all year round, or add to the already wonderful time of year with some extra warmth and essence.

I have not sniffed ALL these candles, but I certainly hope to at some point this year! Many I have and they have instantly become a staple in my home. I will admit that I do burn these whenever I have the desire to be transported to Christmas time in my mind. Here are some of my most loved, and most 'want to try' candles for the holiday season:

1. Bath and Body Works Twisted Peppermint ($22.50) is one I have, and one I LOVE. I have the candles, the body wash, the lotion, and the body spray, it is THAT good. It makes me happy to smell a little bit like Christmas every day.

2. Yankee Candle Christmas Cookie ($24.99)- I have smelled this one many times, but have never owned it so have never burned it. I'm sure it smells like delicious holiday baking. I love vanilla scents so if this one smells anything like a tempting shortbread cookie, than I am in!

3. John Lewis' Winter Spice ($38.00GBP)- Would I spend that much on a candle? Well, no. But I bet it smells like cloves and cinnamon and oranges and all the things that make me excited for the holiday season.
4. Bath and Body Works Frosted Gingerbread ($22.50)- I have sniffed this one my fair share of times, and I can tell you that it smells just like you think it does: ginger and cinnamon and a hint of vanilla. Gingerbread instantly transports me to the holiday season! 

5. Bath and Body Works Fresh Sparkling Snow ($22.50)- I have this one and burned it down to nothing, I loved it that much! I am  not one for very strong smells, and this one was a light and fresh, almost laundry scent, with a touch of vanilla. I highly recommend this one.

6. Yankee Candle Mulled Wine ($24.99)- If you love cloves, citrus fruit and other traditional holiday spices, you will love this candle. Mulled wine is so tasty, and definitely a staple during Christmas. You could have the smell all year if you wished with this bad boy!

7. Yankee Candle Eggnog ($24.99)- YES! I love eggnog, and I have smelled this! Smells the same, like a yummy vanilla and spicy rum concoction.

8. Ecoya Caramelised Fig ($34.95)- Another one I would love to try! Since no one really knows what fig smells like anyway, I will just assume it embodies Christmas in it's own special way.

9. Copenhagen Candle Company Christmas Tree (no posted prices)- I have to be honest with you: I don't really love tree scented candles. Fir, Balsam, Evergreen...I don't like them. I love the smell of the real tree itself, just never it's candle counterparts. I would love to sniff this one though! The packaging is certainly lovely and festive. Maybe this will change my mind once and for all about tree scented candles.

10. Vat19 Fireplace Candle ($24.99)- Who doesn't love a cozy fire in the winter, especially during holiday season? This candle claims to smell just like a real wood burning fire. I am DEFINITELY going to have to test this one for myself! I will let you know how it really smells and I am hoping it doesn't lie to me!

Do you like candles around the holiday season? What are some of your favorites? Let me know!

Comments